Maintaining a healthy credit score is crucial in India as it can impact your ability to secure loans, credit cards, and other financial products. A good credit score can help you get approved for attractive rates and terms when you apply for a loan1. Here are some reasons why maintaining a good credit score is important:
- Lower interest rates: A good credit score can help you negotiate for a lower interest rate when you apply for a loan .
- Faster loan approvals: A good credit score can help you get your loan application approved instantly and processed at the earliest .
- Higher credit card limits: A good credit score can help you get a higher credit limit on your credit card.
- Waived pre-payment charges and processing fee: Some banks can waive your pre-payment charges and processing fee if your credit score rating is good.
- Better chances of approval: A good credit score can increase your chances of getting approved for a loan or credit card.
I hope this helps you understand the importance of maintaining a healthy credit score in India. Let me know if you have any other questions.
What is a good credit score in India?
In India, the most common credit scores range from 300 to 900. A credit score between 660 to 724 is generally considered “good”.
However, it’s important to note that different lenders use different credit scoring models, and the threshold for what’s considered good can vary based on the type of loan you’re applying for and which lender is reviewing your information.